Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hope's baby dedication



Sunday October 27th, 2007
Hope’s baby dedication

Letter to Hope

Dear Hope,

Psalm 33:22 May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.

I love this verse because I think it speaks to what we are doing today. We want to acknowledge that you are in the Lord’s hands and rest upon His unfailing love to raise you. Since the day I found I was going to have you, it’s been a struggle to really grasp that you are our child, yet you are first and foremost the Lord’s child. That means that I need to hold on lightly to you and at the same time hold on lovingly. I continue to struggle but know and trust that God will help and guide me to this end. I love you more than words can describe and long for you to know God’s love that is deeper still.

Although, I don’t think that you can understand these words yet. May Christ begin to reveal himself to you through the things you understand like: a warm bottle, when you are hungry, a quiet nap, when you are tired. But may Christ be your ultimate source not only satisfying your physical needs, but may you come to know him as your soul’s and inmost being desire and satisfaction.

We view this dedication not only of Hope to God, but of our family to God within the context of you all, our community. It is an open invitation for you, the body, to exhort, to challenge, to teach, and to inspire our family and each other to live as living sacrifices holy and acceptable to God.

Love,
Mom and Dad


Hope and Grandma at dedication

No comments: