Wednesday, March 5, 2008

hawaii

Although we were totally unprepared for our trip to Maui (due to Hope being sick with possible UTI and having to get a catheter -ouch), we made it! Our friend Jesse, who is officially both Grason and I's "mutual friend" in all aspects of the term, got married. Jesse and Grason grew up together in Pittsburgh. In fact, Grason's mom taught Jesse's Sunday School class where he became a Christian. I think he was like 10?? Then, Jesse and I met his freshmen year in college at an InterVarsity meeting. We lived in the same dorm and had 80's alternative music in common. We became fast friends. I visited Jesse with some other friends in Pittsburgh one summer and met Grason very briefly. But, it was fated for us to meet again in Seattle 2 years later when all 3 of us lived there and went to church together. So, Jesse is actually the reason Grason and I met and so by the transitive property how Hope came about. How about that. Anyway, so it was pretty important that we make the wedding.
Prior to the wedding, since Grason was the best man and because we owe Jesse our marriage and baby :) we were busy helping out with wedding prep.


Grason threw Jesse a bachelor's party where he sang with his guitar in the middle of beautiful downtown Lahaina. Unfortunately, it was late at night so not too many folks hanging around. Although, our waiter from the the Luau stopped by to enjoy Jesse's music. His music is great by the way- http://www.myspace.com/tenephone





It was a beautiful wedding on the beach with less than 40 people who we enjoyed getting to know.
Hope got to hang at the beach and pool and got to go to a Luau and wear her Hawaiian dresss.










And we had great papaya.

Jesse's wife, Sari, has 8 siblings and Grason especially enjoyed hanging out with them. He is now inspired to possibly have a large family. I said not THAT large.

Could Sari's family be any cuter?

No comments: